CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS
2019 Tallwood were ranked by ‘Delicious’ in the top 100 restaurant’s in the entire state of NSW.
Owner & Executive Chef: Matt Upson phone: (02) 4455 5192
map & address: 2/85 Tallwood Avenue, Mollymook
Website: Tallwood Eatery Check their website for opening hours.
For reviews, continue reading
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Tallwood was fantastic. Great food and great wine.” Stephen and Linda P. August 2020.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Great food and service, good value for money.” David and Kathy B. July 2020.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “We dined at Tallwood for the ‘Chefs Special’ on Monday night. Enjoyed an excellent meal of tuna tartare, pork belly, roast mediterranian veg, green salad and roast peach and ice cream. Delicious. $55 per person included a glass of wine.” Anne and Phil. November 2019.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Excellent food, service and value for money.” Nathan B. September 2019.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – As visitors from Victoria we looked to Ken for advice on the best local Mollymook restaurants. Without hesitation his recommendations included Tallwoods. “We experienced FABULOUS food and excellent wine!” Mike and Kerry. Vic. August 2019.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “We visit Tallwood every year on our annual holidays at Mollymook Beach Waterfront. It is a beautiful fine dining experience!” Graeme and Celeste. ACT. August 2019.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “We enjoyed the ‘Chefs Choice’ on a Monday night. Loved it!” Susie and Keith. Country NSW. February 2019.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Great food and good service.” Robyn and Robert H. Country NSW. January 2019.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Breakfast on Australia Day. What an exceptional way it was to begin our Australia Day celebrations with breakfast at the Tallwood restaurant. I chose a prawn omelette and my wife ‘Field mushrooms with sour dough’. They were generous meals at a similar high standard, comparable to those wonderful culinary delights available during the evening. Exceptional!” Ken and June B. Mollymook. January 2019.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Monday night chefs special was excellent value.” Donna and Rhon L. NSW Highlands.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “First time experience” “A very enjoyable experience with delicious food.” Alison P. Sydney.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Regular visitors” “Tallwood restaurant – GREAT FOOD, EXCELLENT SERVICE, TERRIFIC VALUE. (I wish I could watch this chef at work, I love his food).” Chris and Caroline. Sydney.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Good” “Tallwood restaurant – Good food, good service, upper end of $ but value for money.” John and lesley. Sydney.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Excellent” “Tallwood restaurant – Excellent food and good value for money.” Julie and Jill. Sydney.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “10 / 10” “We enjoyed a wonderful 2 weeks at Mollymook Beach Waterfront and thoroughly enjoyed eating out at the excellent restaurants in the area. Top of the list was Tallwood. We visited Tallwood 4 times during our 2 weeks holiday. ” Rod and Marla H. Hunter.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “10 / 10” “Our family travelled from interstate to celebrate my wife’s 70th birthday. They arranged for Matt Upson at Tallwood to cater for this momentous occasion. The food was absolutely magnificent oozing with so many flavours as is Matt’s custom. A great variety of generous servings of my wife’s favourites dishes. To name just a few, they included: Portuguese Fish cakes with saffron mayo, Clyde River Oysters, Tallwood Paella with chicken, fish, prawns, clams and mussels. A dish of tender lamb rump, with a variety of vegetables and sides. Desert was a magnificent chocolate cake ‘to die for’. For a special occasion I would highly recommend you consider having it catered for by Matt Upson at the Tallwood Restaurant” Ken and June B. Mollymook.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “10 / 10” “Tallwood our favourite place to enjoy excellent food, wine and hospitality.” Emily and Anne W. Sydney.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Overall we enjoyed the food but would prefer to choose from the menu rather than the chefs choice which was the case when we visited the Tallwood Restaurant on this past Monday evening.” Terry and Julie W. Sydney.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “We enjoyed GREAT food and service at the Tallwood restaurant, and in our opinion it is good value for money.” Chris and Caroline F. Sydney.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “10 / 10” “Excellent value for money.” Patsy and Richard B. (Chef) Bowral.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “10 / 10” “Everything was great, the experience, food, service and value for money.” Mick and Daria. Bendigo Vic.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Very good” “An enjoyable meal, quality and good service” Lynne G. ACT
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “10 / 10” “Excellent food and service.” David and Leanne F. Sydney
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Excellent” “Excellent food and service, knowledgable staff. All round a very high class establishment. Talented chef, best mussels had in a long time, broth was perfect. The ginger dressing on the oysters was refreshing but not over powering. Highly recommended. Good value.” Sharyn and David.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Tallwood is our favourite restaurant in Mollymook. Our ratings were: Experience 8/10, Service 9/10, Food quality 10/10, Value for money 8/10.” David and Kim B., Highlands.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “10 / 10” We rate our experience, service and food at the Tallwood Eatery on the Saturday night as very good whereas on the Monday night we returned for the ‘Chef Special’ which we rated as poor.” Peter and Julie. Central Coast.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “10 / 10” ….. “Loved Mollymook, especially the Tallwood Eatery. I give them 10/10 for their food and the flavours they are able bring to the table.” Michael M. Sydney.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Sensational” ….. “The Tallwood Restaurant is another excellent restaurant in this local area.” Rob and Susan. Vic.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Love Tallwood Food” ….. “We enjoyed fresh food, that was well executed with very good service. Overall a great evening. We just love the food at the Tallwood Restaurant.” Bev and David. Goulburn.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Amazing Experience” ….. “Annually we spend a week of our annual leave in Mollymook staying at the Mollymook Beach Waterfront accommodation. What we also do every year is visit the Tallwood Restaurant. Once again we found Tallwood’s to be amazing for its food, wine and service.” Graeme and Celeste. ACT.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: – “Chef’s Choice – Loved it” ….. “We enjoyed dining at the Tallwood Restaurant on Monday evening for their special “Chef’s Choice”.” Elizabeth and Tony. Sydney.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Executive Chef Matt Upson has this uncanny ability to bring out the finer flavours in each of the ingredients used in the various dishes. Our meal on the weekend could not be faulted. We began with the chefs selection for an entree of local raw fish. It was absolutely magnificent! This was followed by a shared plate of Korean BBQ chicken and we finished with Hanger steak accompanied with vegetables and potato dumpling. The food was of the highest quality and the service was excellent”. Ken B.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Fabulous and not overly expensive. (Not cheap but well worth it)”. Virginia I.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Outstanding from start to finish”. Peter and Sue.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Our rating of the Tallwood eatery was VERY GOOD!”. Helen and Jane. UK.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Tallwood fantastic, great value for money”. Louise and Andrew. Lithgow.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: ” We went to Tallwood for breakfast and on another occasion for lunch. Each occasion was a lovely dining experience all round”. Paul and Deborah. Sydney.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: Tallwood seafood stew with fish noodles, fennel & tomato.”A truely great combination of locally sourced hard and soft delicacies from the environs of the Shoalhaven waters”. Ray A. Milton.
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Cuisine of exceptional quality and value $60 per person for a high quality cuisine and service – good friendly staff!”. John and Ann. S.A. December 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “If you are like us and enjoy cutting edge dining – consider a South Coast meets Barcelona experience here in Mollymook, one of the best kept secrets south of Sydney – Tallwood Restaurant. A finely planned degustation meal, matched with local and imported wines helped set off the flavours and tongue textures of the small but satisfying dishes from starters through to an ice- cream semi-fredo to die for. Modern decor with a sharp vibe helped round out this experience. Of course you can make your own combinations using the Tapas style of this restaurant. Do yourself a favour and don’t miss out”. Rick W. ‘Melbourne Gourmet Guru’ November 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “The experience, food and service was EXCELLENT!”. Stella and Peter R. UK. November 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Always wonderful food!”. Jan and Graeme W. Sydney October 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “10/10 ! – FANTASTIC experience, food and service!”. Sydney Chef, Rosanna B. October 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “We can sum up our experience in one word – EXCELLENT!”. Noel F. Vic. Sept 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Fabulous experience, excellent food, great service and good value”. Kerrith and Daryl. Vic. Sept 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Tallwood Restaurant – WONDERFUL in every aspect – a very exciting restaurant experience”. Bev W. Goulburn. July 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Tallwood Restaurant – AMAZING! Ticks all the boxes every time for experience, service, quality and value for money.”. Maddie F. ACT. June 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Went for breakfast. 4 out of 5 for great food and service”. Jenny and Michael. ACT. June 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: “Visited a number of restaurants in the Mollymook Milton Ulladulla area during the week and the best restaurant we visited (in our opinion) was Tallwood. Excellent service and great meals “. Bill and Meryl. Sydney. May 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: On our recent visit to Tallwood Restaurant we gave it a rating as very high”. David and Bernadette. Sydney. April 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: Where do you take a VIP visiting Mollymook to do a series of articles on this beautiful Mollymook Milton Ulladulla area? I chose the Tallwood Restaurant and our VIP was over whelmed with the quality, variety and in particular the flavours contained in each of the dishes. Exceptional! Thanks Matt and Clayton”. Ken B. Mollymook. March 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: We enjoyed a fabulous meal at the Tallwood Restaurant”. Wendy and Gabriel. Sydney. February 2015
- Tallwood Restaurant Reviews: Excellent, a great recommendation by Ken. The wine and food were great value. Honica and Richard. Vancouver Ca. February 2015
- Tallwood Eatery Reviews: Excellent food – relaxed cafe atmosphere. Reasonably priced. Michelle and Cameron B. ACT. January 2015
- Tallwood Eatery Reviews: Delicious food, attentive service and an overall enjoyable dining experience. Mark H. (Foodie) Melbourne, Vic. January 2015
- Tallwood Eatery Reviews: Excellent service, beautiful food, really good value. Christine and Tom M. Sydney. January 2015
- Tallwood Eatery Reviews: Every Saturday I like to take my wife some where special for lunch. After hearing from two couples who ate at Tallwood the previous night and RAVED about the food and variety of dishes, we also choose Tallwood. Our meals were something special. For our lamb dish I can definitely say that I have never tasted lamb prepared in this unique way as does Matt Upson. It was the best ever. Executive chef Matt U. is one of the most creative chefs I’ve ever had the pleasure to sample his dishes. I cannot recommend them highly enough. When in the Mollymook Milton Ulladulla area Tallwood needs to be “1st Choice” for tourist seeking ‘fine dining’ among our many top class restaurants. Ken and June B. Mollymook. December 2014
- Tallwood Eatery Reviews: Tallwoods great food and service. Lynne C. Bowral. July 2014
- Tallwood Eatery Reviews: Went for dinner. Excellent food and wine list with friendly service. Loved their Clyde River oysters. Rachel. Sydney. June 2014
- Tallwood Eatery First rate for the experience, service, quality of food and value for money. Peter L. ACT May 2014
- Tallwood Eatery Tallwood – Excellent Restaurant. Great food and service. Peter and Sally. ACT May 2014
- Tallwood Restaurant Tallwood; Flavours are king! Quality not out of place in the city, but with a definite holiday town feel. Craig and Sarah B. Melbourne Vic. April 2014
- Tallwood Restaurant Tallwood – one of the best meals we’ve had throughout our holidays in OZ. Eric and Kath. UK. January 2014. January 2014
- Tallwood Restaurant Tallwoods – Surprisingly good value. Highly recommend the slow cooked lamb shoulder. YUM! Nick & Alice. ACT. January 2014
- Tallwood Restaurant Fabulous food and venue. The staff really make it – very friendly and accommodating. Michelle and Tim. Dec 2013
- Tallwood Restaurant Tallwood Beer Lunch – Tallwood never disappoints and I would recommend that whenever they present a beer or wine lunch put it in your diary and make sure you attend. Its an enjoyable way to spend the afternoon and contributes greatly to the ongoing food experiences available here at Mollymook. They are the best of the best, services is friendly, well executed and the waitresses are knowledgeable about the food being served. Food is delightful always tasty and interesting and yes they even were able to match a desert with a beer, truly artistic. Brian and Leah. St Kilda. Vic. October 2013
- Tallwood Restaurant “We loved the Tallwood restaurant, it was very relaxing, menu fantastic with beautiful fresh flavours The very helpful staff can advise a selection off the ever changing menu that will delight everyone. Would recommend the Tallwood restaurant for a great night out” Vicki and Graeme. Blue Mountains. September 2013
- Tallwood “Excellent food, an exciting experience with great service. Graeme and Celeste. ACT. August 2013
- Reviews Tallwood Eatery: “Unexpected, exceptional flavour matching food, the non seafood option for seafood lovers – in a word ‘memorable’. Tallwood restaurant is a ‘must do’. We will be back. Christine and Lew ACT. June 2013
- Reviews Tallwood Eatery: “Tallwood Restaurant – more than excellent, COMPLETELY BRILLIANT. (Celebrating 20th wedding anniversary at Mollymook) Russell and Julie. April 2013
- Reviews Tallwood Eatery: “Superb meal with great service, desert to die for! Anne and Paul W. April 2013
- Reviews Tallwood Eatery: “We enjoyed Easter at Mollymook visiting family. Went to the Tallwood Restaurant, it was absolutely superb! I would highly recommend it. Karen. Qld. April 2013
- Reviews Tallwood Eatery: “A wonderful lunch, great service, fresh, light, flavoursome beautifully presented food” Maxine and Paul. ACT. March 2013
- Reviews Tallwood Eatery: “Have had dinner at Tallwood twice within 2 weeks and both times excellent. It was good to share all courses with everyone at the table – tapas style. The deserts were so impressive that everyone took photos” John and Kerry H. Milton NSW. February 2013
Click on images to enlarge