Canberra region’s tourism award winners announced.
Winners of the 28th Canberra and Capital Region Tourism Awards were announced at a gala dinner held at the National Gallery of Australia.
2013 was a big year for the ACT tourism sector, with the full calendar of cultural and sporting events contributing to a 9.0 per cent annual increase in the number of domestic overnight visitors coming to the ACT.
The awards provide the tourism industry with a vehicle to promote and reward tourism operators while also providing significant support for them to continue to grow their businesses.
(Australian Capital Tourism supplier of the images)
Click “MORE” for a full list of award winners.
- Major Tourist Attractions: National Gallery of Australia
- Tourist Attractions: Questacon – The National Science and Technology Centre
- Major Festivals and Events: Floriade 2012
- Festivals and Events: National Folk Festival
- Ecotourism: Australian National Botanic Gardens
- Destination Marketing: The Human Brochure
- Unique Accommodation: Elm Cottage
- Luxury Accommodation: Hyatt Hotel Canberra – A Park Hyatt Hotel
- Qantas Award for Excellence in Sustainable Tourism: Novotel Canberra
- Tourism Education Program: Questacon – The National Science and Technology Centre
- Outstanding Contribution by an Individual: Diane Hinds and Morna Whiting
- Young Achiever Award: Mollie Walsh
- Visitor Experience Award: Four Winds Vineyard