Small Town Food & Wine Restaurant
Alex Delly and wife Jo Thomas of St Isidore fame have opened their latest venture, ‘Small Town’ in the heart of Milton.
Their reputation alone speaks volumes for their ability to serve quality fine dining meals at affordable prices, having been awarded a ‘Chefs Hat’ by the ‘Good Food Guide’ in 2019, 2018, 2017, & 2016 and being ranked by ‘Gourmet Traveller’ in the top six N.S.W. regional restaurants in 2018, 2017, & 2016 with their previous restaurant, St Isidore.
My wife and I (Ken and June Banks) recently enjoyed the ‘CHEFS SELECTION MENU’ a degustation lunch. The fusion of flavours in each of the eight serving courses was extraordinary, each matched with quality wine that complemented each course. Alex, without a doubt has a unique creative genius in his vision and ability to prepare meal after meal that is amazing.
Some fine dining friends visited ‘Small Town’ two days later and were delighted by the delicate flavours and culinary skills of the chef with quality matching wines. Guests from Mollymook Beach Waterfront have also been unanimous in eloquently describing their experience in regard to quality and variety of flavoursome dishes, service and ambience. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Bookings can be made via their web site: Small Town Milton or via phone 02 44 54 2264
- Small Town Food and Wine: “Spent 5 days at Mollymook Beach Waterfront and we ate out each night. ‘Small Town’ was great, more up market than our highlight ‘Gwylo’ but equally as good.” Brett M., Sydney. November 2020”.
- Small Town Food and Wine: “Imaginative food with excellent service. Highly recommended”. David and Lesley. Sydney. July 2020
- Small Town Food and Wine: “Limited availability during the January to June period due to the bush fires and COVID-19 closures”. January – June 2020
- Small Town Food and Wine: “Small meals but absolutely delicious”. Fernando and Luke. Sydney. December 2019
- Small Town Food and Wine: “Brilliant! Amazing food and service”. Felicia D. Sydney. December 2019
- Small Town Food and Wine: “Dined at Small Town. Loved the lobster roll and dumplings. Main course was huge, you could easily share. Great service and food”. Anne and Phil. Sydney. November 2019
- Small Town Food and Wine: “An amazing experience, flavoursome dishes, matching wine, lovely service and a relaxed atmosphere. Examples of the degustation courses included: 1) Quail, “cherry – yaki”, pickled turnip. 2) Yellow fin tuna, cucumber, kohlrabi, white soy, bonito cream. 3) Asparagus, smoked hollandaise, hazelnuts. 4) Bass Groper,clams, konbu, shitake, beach herbs. 5) Angus scotch fillet, bourdelaise, drilled chillies, lime. Each had there own unique flavours”. Ken and June. Mollymook. November 2019
- Small Town Food and Wine: “Great food and ambience. Good value”. Bruce D. Sydney. October 2019
Mollymook News Editor: Ken Banks, Mollymook Beach Waterfront and Destination Mollymook Milton Ulladulla