Narooma – day trip from your Ulladulla accommodation Milton Mollymook area.
. “Things to do”, when staying in the Ulladulla accommodation Milton Mollymook area and you have a day to spare to see a little more of this magnificent NSW South Coast area is to take a drive to Narooma one of the most scenic towns on the far South Coast. Enjoy stop overs at Bodalla, Tuross Heads plus the choice of a short cruise to Montague Island. Narooma is a 1 & 1/2 hour drive south of Ulladulla. Recommended highlights on this day trip include:
- “Blue Earth” cafe on the corner of the Princes Highway & Potato Point Road at Bodalla for absolutely unique vegetarian food and organic coffee. Phone: 4473 5211 Address: 160 Princes Highway, Bodalla.
- Dalmeny tourist drive: Turn off the highway and follow the tourist drive into Dalmeny through the caravan park public road, down through Kianga to the Wagonga Inlet entrance and follow the road adjacent to the board walk into Narooma. Very pretty.
- Narooma: “Things to do”, you have the choice of:
- A “must” visit is “O’Briens Hotel”. Enjoy light refreshments and savour the “million dollar” views over the Inlet.
- For golfers, play a few holes and see if you can conquer “Hogan’s Hole”, a short drive off the tee and over the ocean onto the green.
- Enjoy a nice picturesque walk, either around the back-waters for coffee and delicious cake, or take the Mill Bay Boardwalk and watch the schools of fish in the water below and graceful stingrays on the sandy floor of the lake.
- Montague Island: Have a NPWS guided tour of the island, visiting the lighthouse and discovering its famous seal population. Snorkeling and diving are also available. Contact the Narooma visitors centre for bookings.
- Narooma visitors centre, Phone 1800 240 003 Web: www.eurobodalla.com.au/narooma
- Tuross Heads: Another great pleasure is to plan a late lunch at “The Pickled Octopus” restaurant, water frontage on the lake with majestic views and always some form of water activity to keep you amused. The location and seafood dishes are extraordinary. Check out my images below. Click for TripAdvisor reviews. Phone: 4473 6084 Link to: Web site & Menu