Gondwana Coast Fossil Walk – Ulladulla
Things to do. The Ulladulla Harbour Fossil Walk project was launched in 2009 and was subsequently re-branded the Gondwana Coast Fossil Walk. The concept was developed by Phil Smart and is supported by a local group of enthusiastic volunteers who provide guided tours around the cliffs and rock platforms of the Ulladulla harbour and coast line.
- Learn about the Gondwana Coast-line, its approximate age, the abundance of “invertebrate fossils recognised by palaeontologists as “world class” and the type of environment the sediments were deposited,
- Learn about the type of creatures that lived on the sea floor some 270 million years ago and how these marine animals were preserved in the sedimentary rock to form intricate moulds and casts. http://gondwanacoastfossilwalk.com.au/
- Learn about “Tessellated pavements”, how huge boulders came to lie on the sandy beaches and much more…
- Click on link to Gondwana Coast “Fossil Walk” web site.
- Guided tour bookings are made via the Ulladulla Visitors Centre: Phone (02) 4444 8820.
Ken Banks, Mollymook Beach Waterfront: Editor for Mollymook News and Destination Mollymook Milton Ulladulla